Trust Protects is your consumer guarantee that your payment is protected by one of our approved providers.
Find out how your transaction is Protected
Trust My Travel offers two protection types as below
Funds paid by consumers are held in a trust account administered by independent trustees, who are a combination of solicitors and accountants. These funds are not released to the company until the contracted services have been fulfilled meaning in the event of insolvency your funds for unfulfilled transactions will be refunded to you. Your email receipt is confirmation to you that your money has been protected within Trust My Travel’s Trust Account(s).
In the event of insolvency, Trust My Travel will contact you to administer your claim and release monies from Trust My Travel’s Trust Account, you do not need to do anything. You can see a detailed definition of insolvency below.
Funds paid by consumers are protected via an Insurance policy held by Trust My Travel. Each traveller and the description of services sold is declared against Trust My Travel’s insurance policy directly against the failure of the merchant, known as ‘the principle’. In the event of the principle’s insolvency, you will be refunded for any unfulfilled products and/or repatriation to the UK (where applicable). Your email receipt is confirmation to you that your transaction has been declared against Trust My Travel’s insurance policy.
You can see a detailed definition of insolvency below. In the event of insolvency, Trust My Travel will contact you to administer your claim against Trust My Travel’s insurance policy, you do not need to do anything.
The company will be deemed insolvent where:
How to tell if my payment was protected?
You should have received a payment protection confirmation from us via email at the time of payment. If you can not find that please go to Search Transaction and enter the required details to recall the payment details. If you cannot recall these details then regrettably your booking was not protected by us.
What is protected?
What is not protected?
- Any loss arising once the purchased product/service has been completed/received.
- Any loss arising due to a dispute between you and the company you paid money to.
- Any loss arising due to your disinclination to use the service/product.
- Any losses that are not directly associated and resulting from the incident that caused you to seek a refund.
- Loss arising directly or indirectly from nuclear detonation, nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or other like reaction or radioactive contamination, however caused.
- Loss arising directly or indirectly from or in consequence of chemical or biological emission, release, discharge, dispersal or escape or chemical or biological exposure of any kind.
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power.
- Any loss, which at the time of the happening of such loss, is insured or guaranteed by or would, but for the existence of this policy, be insured or guaranteed by any other existing policy, policies or bond except in respect of any excess beyond the amount that would have been payable under such other policy, policies or bond had this policy not been effected.
- Any loss which is not recoverable from a third party after you have taken all legal means available to you to seek a recovery (in certain circumstances), including all reasonable steps to mitigate your loss, applying for repayment of monies under any rights you may have under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 or under any other rights you may have to initiate a chargeback or refund or otherwise seek repayment of monies under any applicable card scheme rules and whether in respect of a virtual credit card or otherwise and further to which a service(s).
- Any loss where you have not informed us of incorrect data provided in the Trust My Receipt including, but not limited to, incorrect value, currency, or date.
How do I make a claim?
In most cases we will notify you of the company’s insolvency and will initiate a refund on your behalf. However, if you do not hear from us, please quote the relevant Trust My ID (which can be found on your email receipt) in any correspondence with us, addressing your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No refund request will be processed if notification is not received within 12 months of the official insolvency of the company.
You should notify us before initiating a chargeback with your bank as this may slow down the process.
Is there a policy excess?
There is no policy excess, however an admin fee of £10 will be charged on refunds that have to be made by bank transfer.
How will I receive my refund?
Refunds should be received within 7 working days of your refund request being approved. Please note that your refund may appear on your statement on the date the transaction was originally made and not the date that your refund is settled in your account.
- Any translation of this website from English is for assistance and information purposes only. In the event of a Refund Application the original English language version shall be the basis of settlement.
- All aspects of this website are subject to English law and the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- This is not an insurance policy. The Trust My Protection provides a right to a refund in certain defined circumstances outlined in this document.
- In the event of any fraudulent claim being submitted all benefits under this protection shall be forfeited.