Message from Issuing Bank:
Cardholder bank has declined the payment. This is not a 3DS decline.
Sometimes the payment may have been declined owing to failed CVV or AVS checks, so it’s worth checking these fields are correct before trying anything else.
There are several possible scenarios that can trigger the “Declined – Do Not Honour” response code:
- The bank’s fraud rules (which consider various factors that are not made public) have been triggered.
- The bank may have placed a temporary hold on the customer’s card
- The purchase session may have been locked due to multiple declined payments
- The seller is located in a country different from that of the card issuing bank
- Use an alternative credit card.
- Contact their bank, explaining that they are trying to process a payment. The cardholder can ask the bank to allow the payment
- Ask the cardholder to try again at a later time as the issuing bank may have only placed a temporary hold on the card